Below is a list of homework and assignments for our class. THESE ARE LISTED FROM NEWEST (MOST RECENT) TO OLDEST. PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY AT THE DATES.
For Wednesday 2/14:
- Make sure you have read:
- “You Can Tell Just by Looking” and 20 Other Myths about LGBT Life and People by Michael Bronski, Ann Pellegrini, and Michael Amico (CLICK HERE TO READ)
- Introduction to and selected excerpts from “Song of Myself” by Walt Whitman (CLICK HERE TO READ)
- Funny (but accurate) biography of Whitman (CLICK HERE TO READ)
- NO CLASSES – BMCC CLOSED FOR LINCOLN’S BIRTHDAY!
For Wednesday 2/7:
- In-class work on Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker and Julia Scheele (CLICK HERE TO READ) and “The Queer 101: Third Edition” by Sam Orchard (CLICK HERE TO READ)
For Monday 2/5:
- Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker and Julia Scheele (graphic novel) – CLICK HERE
- “The Queer 101: Third Edition” by Sam Orchard (webcomic) – CLICK HERE
- HOMEWORK DUE:
- This is an informal homework assignment, not an essay. It is ungraded and counts for credit only (full credit if you do it and no credit if you don’t).
- It may be hand-written.
- Please answer the following questions:
- What do you think of when you hear the word “Queer?”
- Why did you decide to take this course?
- What do you hope to gain from this course (BESIDES an A/credits towards graduation)?
- Is there anything in particular you would like us to cover this semester?
- What are your preferred pronouns?
- This will be due in class, NOT by email.