I can’t believe we are almost done with our class! 😦 I want to remind you of important upcoming assignments and due dates.
- LAST DAY OF CLASS! (and pizza party!) 🙂
- EXTRA-CREDIT IN-CLASS PRESENTATIONS – PLEASE SIGN UP IN CLASS OR EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT.
- You would basically be me for about 5 minutes or so and teach the class
- You would have to talk to your fellow students about something relating to Queer literature that we did NOT discuss this semester
- You are free to use the computer, overhead projector, and chalkboard if you want
- HOMEWORK DUE
- Write your OWN work of Queer literature! 🙂
- This may be a story, poem, play, song, essay, spoken word piece, comic, etc. Be creative!
- One thing you might choose to do is to “Queer” a faery-tale, like Kiernan does to “The Little Mermaid” with “Tears Seven Times Salt.” For example:
- What if a princess, not a prince, came to rescue and awaken Sleeping Beauty?
- What if Cinderella didn’t want to marry a prince, but rather was interested in her Faery Godmother?
- What if in “Snow White,” the prince went off with the dwarves instead?
- Etc…basically, re-write a faery-tale to change the hetero-normative narrative it represents.
- FINAL PAPER DUE BY 7:00 PM IN THE ENGLISH DEPARTMENT (N751) – CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
- Extra credit due
- Visit the Stonewall Inn. Please note that if you are under 21, you should be able to get in just to look around if you go before 6 PM and you ask nicely (tell them that you are doing an assignment for your college Queer Literature class).
- CLICK HERE for directions to the Stonewall.
- Look around, keeping the history of the building in mind. If you feel comfortable doing so, you could even talk to some of the staff and customers.
- WRITE AT LEAST ONE FULL PAGE about your thoughts, impressions, and comments regarding the Stonewall and your visit there.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Prof. Jaime Weida