I have talked about this in class more than once but I realized that I never formally posted it on the website. This is another extra-credit opportunity for all of you; see below.
Please remember that extra credit does NOT make up for missing a homework or essay assignment. Instead, it is added in only AFTER you have completed all assigned work. It is mainly useful if you land up on the edge of a higher grade for your final class grade; for example, if your final class grade is a very high B+, doing extra credit can bump it up to an A-.
Extra Credit: Stonewall Inn
- Visit the Stonewall Inn. Please note that if you are under 21, you should be able to get in just to look around if you go before 6 PM and you ask nicely (tell them that you are doing an assignment for your college Queer Literature class).
- CLICK HERE for directions to the Stonewall.
- Look around, keeping the history of the building in mind. If you feel comfortable doing so, you could even talk to some of the staff and customers.
- WRITE AT LEAST ONE FULL PAGE about your thoughts, impressions, and comments regarding the Stonewall and your visit there.
- THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE BY 7 PM ON THURSDAY 5/25 (SAME AS THE DUE DATE FOR OUR FINAL PAPER).
Prof. Jaime Weida