This is the class website for Professor Jaime Weida’s ENG346-1800 course at BMCC. Please regularly check all the sections of this site for important course information.
We meet on MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS FROM 6:00PM – 7:15 PM IN FITERMAN 210.
THERE ARE NO REQUIRED BOOKS FOR THIS CLASS. ALL READINGS WILL BE POSTED UNDER THE “READINGS” TAB ON THIS WEBSITE IN THE ORDER THAT WE WILL BE READING THEM.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF A FEW THINGS:
- ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY CHECKING THIS WEBSITE AND PRINTING OUT READINGS IF YOU CAN’T ACCESS THEM ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE DURING CLASS. I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING PRINTED COPIES OF COURSE READINGS.
- If you access this website on a mobile device, it may look different than it does on a computer. I strongly recommend downloading the WordPress app.
- IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE COURSE READINGS FROM COMPUTERS ON BMCC CAMPUS, YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A *FREE* DROPBOX ACCOUNT. YOU CAN DO SO HERE.
LGBT*Q+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, and Queer)-related terminology can be confusing for those unfamiliar with it. Although there is no “absolute” vocabulary and definitions list, a useful guide can be found on the BMCC Safe Zone website HERE.
- Urgent updates
- Information about our class and a form you can use to directly contact me
- The schedule of assignments for our class. I will update it regularly.
- All readings for our class, listed in the order we will be reading them.
- A list of links and resources in and outside BMCC that will help you pass this course