This is the class website for Professor Jaime Weida’s SPRING 2017 ENG346.1800 course at BMCC. Please regularly check all the sections of this site for important course information.
We meet on MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS FROM 6:00PM – 7:15 PM IN FITERMAN 304.
I know the course syllabus is very long and can be confusing. For that reason I’ve put together a 2-page guide of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) that tells you the most important stuff you need to know for this class. You can find it HERE.
You should know about important dates at BMCC. Click HERE for the spring academic calendar.
ALL READINGS WILL BE POSTED UNDER THE “READINGS” TAB ON THIS WEBSITE IN THE ORDER THAT WE WILL BE READING THEM.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF A FEW THINGS:
- ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REGULARLY CHECKING THIS WEBSITE AND PRINTING OUT READINGS. I WILL NOT BE PROVIDING PRINTED COPIES OF COURSE READINGS.
- If you access this website on a mobile device (like a smartphone or a tablet), it may look different than the computer version. I strongly recommend downloading the WordPress app.
LGBT*Q+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, and Queer)-related terminology can be confusing for those unfamiliar with it. Although there is no “absolute” vocabulary and definitions list, a useful guide can be found on the BMCC Safe Zone website HERE.
- Urgent updates
- Information about our class and a form you can use to directly contact me
- The schedule of assignments for our class. I will update it regularly.
- All readings for our class, listed in the order we will be reading them.
- A list of links and resources in and outside BMCC that will help you pass this course